"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Operation Organization: Recipes.





It's been a while, but my organizing is back in full swing. I am feeling trapped by all of our "stuff" and it's driving me nuts! My desire is for our household to run efficiently and effortlessly (as much as possible). One thing that has built up is the countless recipes I have printed out over the past 3 years. Every time I find a good looking recipe I print it out, but then where does it go? It used to go where ever I could shove it (another cookbook, a magazine or a box downstairs).  I searched online looking for ideas and decided the best way to organize our recipes also had to be the least expensive, least complicated and least time consuming. I finally decided on a binder. I knew I wanted to separate the binder into different categories. As I started to make the binder it came together on its own, and I added a few sections I hadn't planned on. I put every recipe in a sheet protector so it could wipe clean if it got dirty during some messy cooking time. 

My categories are:
1. Measurements and conversions
2. Drinks and smoothies
3. Breakfast
4. Lunch
5. Dinner
6. Deserts
7. Snacks
8. Breads and soups
9. Cleaning supplies (We make all our own cleaning supplies)
10. Toiletries (I make 1/2 of my toiletries and soaps)
11. Medicinal (We always try using natural remedies first (and they almost always work, and are much less expensive)

I then made cover sheets for each section and added stick on tabs to make it easier to find each section (dividers were smaller than the sheet protectors and so you couldn't see the tabs).  And thats it! Quick, easy, simple, and cheap.  My favorite kind of project to do!  

How do you organize your recipes?

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment