"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

I saw a blog post from Lynns Kitchen Adventures  for GF Chocolate Zucchini Muffins and thought it would be something to try to use our left over zucchini for.  The recipe is Gluten Free but not Casein free or Egg free, so I wanted to share our modifications for those of you with similar food allergies.

To view the orginal recipe click HERE.
 Our modifications:
* We used Earth Balance Natural Spread for butter.
* We replaced the 2 eggs with Ener-G Egg Replacer.
* I used 1/2 cup, unsweetened Almond Milk instead of butter milk.
* We used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips.
* I grated the zucchini the night before and let it sit in a sifter with a paper towel and a mug on top to drain as much fluid as possible.  It worked pretty well.

mmmmm....yummy!!!
* I took the juice from the zucchini and I mixed it with 2 tablespoons of Agave and pureed raspberries (I defrosted a bag of frozen organic raspberries and squished them through the strainer).  I put the mixture in Popsicle molds and froze that overnight as a healthy treat for the kids.

I found  muffin batter to be pretty thick and I added another tablespoon of Almond Milk before adding the chocolate chips.  The batter made 12 muffins for us.  The directions say to bake for 18-20 minutes, but we ended up cooking ours for about 25 minutes (and they probably could have stayed in a few minutes longer).  I would say, keep checking them until they are done.  We ate these for breakfast this morning with a cup of yogurt and the kids LOVED them!  We will definitely include this recipe into my recipe binder!  Even my husband (food lover) liked them!  Let me know how yours come out!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment