"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Get fun with lunches!

      For some reason when we went GFCFSF and organic, lunches seemed difficult to figure out.  I think it's because I had some pre-conceived notion that lunch had to be a particular type of food.  Enough with the boring sandwiches!  Lets be honest, a sandwich every day gets pretty boring.  

    Both my kids love to snack so I decided it as time to make lunch a little more fun, not only for my children but also for me too!  I knew I wanted to be sure to incorporate protein, at least one vegetable and one fruit into each meal.  At first I started simple, and gave the kids small piles of different foods on their plates.  

      Then one day as I was packing lunches I took a look at some organic corn cakes and started to get ideas.  As I looked at the corn cake I saw a smiling face and decided to get creative.  

My fun lunch!

With a little creativity, a healthy lunch turned into something fun and enjoyable for us again.  (And you know what?  The kids ate ALL of their lunch that day!)   How do you get creative with your lunches?


God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment