"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Manic Monday

Mondays are always the hardest for me.  We drop Peanut off at school in the morning, I attempt to run a couple errands with Sassy (if shes agreeable to it of course), we pick up Peanut and go home.  Once there I feed the kids, change diapers, pick up the house (all in about 45 minutes) and we are off to Peanuts SI therapy (Skipping Sassy's nap ....blah!).  Once Peanuts therapy is done we get back in the car and get home just in time for his home ABA to start.  We do an hour of ABA and then it's time to make supper, bathe the kids and get them off to bed.  Phew!

Today was even harder because I was exhausted.  We stayed up last night to watch the President speak.  I ended today to find out that we were going to have more large bills coming our way.  At first when I found out I honestly felt like I was going to throw up.  I took a second and went into a quiet room and said a prayer. 

I realized God is with us.  We can get through this just like we always do.  We have faith that this is all happening for a reason.  I decided to look back at some videos of the kids to bring a smile back to my face.  I came across a video of peanut from 2010.  Peanuts video just reminds me of why we are doing all of this.  When Peanut was diagnosed, he could speak, but it was echolalic.  In other words, he would echo what ever someone said to him.  He understood that when someone spoke to him he was expected to respond (thus the echo).  What he didn't understand was that there was a much bigger function to language.  The video was taken 4 months after his diagnosis and 3 months after eliminating Gluten from his diet.  It's Peanut, singing "Jesus Loves Me."  This was video footage of Peanut coming out of his "fog".  I know, I know...where is the video??  Ask Blog spot, because I couldn't download it! So, you'll have to use your imagination I guess.  :-)  Anyway... 

What a miracle!  All of the obstacles that are presented to us in life are all for a reason.  If we weren't going through this then I may not appreciate this video as much as I do.  I could watch this over and over again.  Bills, or no bills God was with us then, and he'll be with us now.  

The Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting …” (Psalm 100:5)

God Bless

Mommy Provost











No comments:

Post a Comment