"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Friday, May 13, 2011

It's been a while!

For some reason I haven't been able to access my blog for a couple of days now.  Blogger was fixing some technical issue.  The past week has been crazy for us.  The week began as it usually does, but quickly went down from there.  Both children came down with yet another fever, which lasted for a good part of the week.  I'm happy to say they are both doing much better now and actually ate 2 of their 3 meals today.  I was even able to start to reintroduce a few supplements! 

On Tuesday I discovers a couple of bananas that were in need of attention or a trash can.  I decided to try making some banana bread muffins.  I have to say, I was shocked at how hard it was to find a decent recipe, but I found one!  I wanders onto Lynns Kitchen Adventures.com and found a recipe that looked promising (and I happen to have all of the ingredients).  I have to say, these were the best GFCFSF muffins I have EVER made!!!  They tasted exactly the same as banana muffins that are gluten full!!!!  Her site is gluten free, but not casein free.  I have to say, I am impressed and I look forward to trying more of her recipes.


Here is the recipe from Lynns Kitchen Adventures:

Gluten Free Banana Muffins

  • ½ cup + 1 tablespoon sorghum flour
  • ½ cup + 1 tablespoon potato starch
  • ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon tapioca flour
  • 1 ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted (I used Earth Balance GFCFSF margarine)
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
*I also added some chopped walnuts to make sure to get as little extra protein in the muffin.
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.
  2. In a bowl mix sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. Mix in butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir just until incorporated.
  4. Spoon batter into muffin pan lined with paper liners.
  5. Bake 25-28 minutes or until done.
  6. Cool completely.
(The recipie is directly from her site.)

YUM, YUM!!!  If you like banana bread, definitely try this recipie!!!

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment