"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Don't give up!

Today marks the last official day of Autism Awareness Month, but in reality EVERY day is an Autism Awareness day for a family struggling with Autism.  We have had a crazy month for sure!  How fitting that our little Sassy would not only get her diagnosis during Autism Awareness Month but also that she would be diagnosed at 2 years 4 months, the exact age Peanut was when he was diagnosed!  This past week was a wonderful week for us.  Peanut's school was on April vacation so we were able to spend a good portion of our week acting like a "typical" family.  We enjoyed running errands, using our new sand and water table,and a fun playdate with some friends. It was nice to spend so much time togeather.  I miss Peanut when he is gone at school on his long days.  What will I do when Sassy turns three and will be at school too?!

Many of us did as much as we possibly could to spread awareness this month.  With awareness comes acceptance for our children and that acceptance means the world to them.  I wanted to end the month on an encouraging and positive note.  I think people are thinking I'm off my rocker.  I get a lot of sympathetic looks and get asked "How are you doing?"  But the thing is, we are all doing great! Yes, Sassy was diagnosed, but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world for us.  We remain positive in our attitude and strong in our determination to help our children maximize their potential in this world. We will continue to spread awareness and we will hold strong to our positive outlook.  As I've said previously, and I mean it....Autism is our Goliath, and our Giant WILL fall!  With God's help we can overcome this, I know we can! 

There is a song that has inspired me lately that I'd like to share with you all.  It's sung by Third Day.  It's called, 'Don't give up hope" and I think it's perfect.  So to all of you out there dealing with the emotional rollercoaster that is Autism, don't give up!!!!




God Bless all of you and thank-you for your continued support and love!


Mommy Provost





No comments:

Post a Comment