"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekly Wrap up: K is for Kite

I have to admit, this week we slacked off.  We watched more more movies than I usually allow and we only had "school" (sit down and do worksheets and projects) twice as opposed to four and five times weekly.  I don't know what the cause of it is.  I have tried to organize myself more but I haven't gotten far.  My wonderful husband caught up on cleaning the laundry for me but I still have yet to fold it or put it away.  I haven't been busy or stressed but yet, I'm exhausted!  Maybe it's the upcoming Christmas Holiday and the long to-do list still hanging over my head.  But then again maybe not.  Who knows?  At any rate, I'm hoping to have MUCH more to share next week, but for now, this is what we did this week.

This weeks activities:
This week we learned about the letter K and the number 10.  Our memory verse was "Keep your tongue from Evil." Psalm 43:13  We used some great printables from Raising Rock stars Preschool for the letter K and our memory verse.  This memory verse was wonderful for us to use and we will continue to recite it.  Sassy has been a little fresh lately and whenever I reminded her of the verse she would tell the truth or speak in a nicer tone!
Peanut cutting out his memory verse

We also did our very first "science experiment" this week.  We were talking about Kites and wind and that led us to talking (and practicing) blowing.  I found a great activity called "Blow and Go" on AIMS Education .  The kids guessed how many times it would take mommy to blow various objects across the table and they graphed their guess.  After I blew the object across the table we graphed the result and compared.  They really liked doing this and I think after Christmas we may need to include some more science experiments!
Peanuts graph
Next weeks plans:
Oh man where do I begin?  We start our Christmas unit (woohoo!!)  We have various therapy's as usual, and we have to make our Christmas gifts.  We also are going to talk about giving our gifts to Jesus.  Something inspired by Carisa over at 1+1+1=1.  On Friday we are taking my grandmother out to supper and then we are going to go to the Drive Thru Living Nativity and experience the birth of Jesus with the kids.

Mommy's crafts for next week: Money is tighter for us now than it ever has been before so we decided we would make home made gifts for Christmas this year. A friend found this awesome idea to make coasters out of tile, so we are going to be making those for family.  You can learn how to make the coasters over at Beneath My Heart.  I am also making boxes of goodies filled with homemade caramels, truffles and cookies.  I'll have to make all of the yummy treats right before Christmas, but I can start to get the boxes ready.  I also have to start wrapping the kids Christmas gifts.  I like to take everything out of the packages and assemble everything before I wrap it so when the kids open their presents they can play with it immediately.

I hope you all had a great week!

God Bless!
Mommy Provost
We are linked up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment