"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Operation Organization! : Part 2

When I first started this organization project, I had set a goal to be finished by Thanksgiving.  Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and I still have yet to finish everything on my "to do" list to completely organize our life.  I will be the first to admit I was wrong.  I tend to think I can way more done than I actually can.  I think I forget that there is only 24 hours in a day!  I am taking my time with this so I can get everything done right the first time.  I'm happy with everything so far and I'm already finding a much better efficiency in the way we complete our daily schedule.  If you are not familiar with the way things were "before", you can read about it in a previous post called, Operation Organization! : Part One

First was that terrible table in the kitchen.  I was able to eliminate most of the clutter.  I created a Bills binder.  The center of the table looks a little messy still but is much better.  There are multiple compartments for mail and things to hold on to.  I plan to organize this further at some point (once I figure out how I want to do that).  I also have spots for recent homeschool magazines church evangels and current devotionals.
Next on the list was the new book shelf.  I feel it is much more organized.  I still would like to change a couple of things around, but otherwise I'm very happy with it.

On the bottom shelf I have a few puzzles and I a milk crate I am using to file our entire school year.  Every week has their own file folder and inside I have everything that I have already printed as well as things that we do weekly such a cutting practice sheets, bible verses etc.

The second shelf is for Peanut and Sassy's work boxes.  In between their boxes I keep all of the books we are reading throughout the week in our homeschool curriculum.  The third shelf is for our games for the month.  We have a decent stock of games.  Peanut especially loves to play games and I love playing them with him.  I rotate the games out every month to prevent any of our games from getting "old" and boring.
The fourth shelf has 2 baskets of art supplies.  The left basket has all of our Soy-Yer Dough and tools.  The basket on the right has our paints and daubers.  In the center I have all of our coloring books.  The fifth shelf has all of our new binders, the kids Bible and devotional, and our weekly file.  The binders are split up by category.  I have been slowly organizing them and will go into much more detail in a later post.
This is our weekly file.  I have given each day it's own folder.  I also have one for miscellaneous papers needed for the week, as well as a folder in the back for papers to be filed, and tot packs/lap books to work on.  I have been using Sunday nights to go through the file and remove anything we no longer need for the next week.  I then go through and put the school work for each day in the days folder.  This has been so helpful to keep me organized and it saves so much time for me!


The sixth shelf is for the rest of our supplies that we use often such as crayons, markers, glue, the calender numbers, and pencil boxes.  The seventh shelf contains most of my books related to Autism and books about homeschooling.  I also have the kids piggy banks and coins ready to reward a child.

Finally, I created a sheet to keep my homeschool and therapy plans on track.  I wasn't sure how well it would work but I have to say, I love it!  I have every category separated.  Whenever I complete an activity I highlight it.  This makes it easier for me on the following day to see what I didn't get done.  It's really working out well for me.

So that is the progress I have made so far in organizing our lives.  So far I am very happy, I just wish I had more time in the day.  I'm hoping to continue upstairs as well as organize my homeschool storage downstairs.  I am also working with my husband on completely redesigning My Angels and Autism as well!  Happy Organizing!

God Bless!
Mommy Provost

No comments:

Post a Comment