"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Friday, December 9, 2011

It's been 2 years...


December 9th was the 2 year anniversary of Peanuts diagnosis with Autism.  As I sit back and think of where we came from and where we are today, I'm thankful.  We may have started out the journey a bit broken and defeated but by the grace of God we were able to pick up the pieces of our grief and move forward according to Gods plan.
On Friday, I was having a conversation with a friend about the book of Job, and why bad things happen in our lives.  It brought me back to when I read the book of Job.  It was right around the time of Peanut's diagnosis.   On Friday as I flipped through it, I noticed I only highlighted one verse in the entire book.

 "To God belong wisdom and power, counsel and understanding are his." Job12:13

In 2 short years we have gone from grief and sadness to acceptance, happiness and peace.  Through faith we have accepted the diagnosis of both of our children, even though we may not understand why or how.  Because of that our lives are better, our marriage closer, our faith stronger.  We don't know what is to come, but we chose not to worry about tomorrow and focus on today because we put our lives in the hands of God.  I am so thankful to God and praise Him for all He has done for us.  I am not worried because He is with us.  I'm not worried because of John 16:33.

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

God Bless!
Mommy Provost

No comments:

Post a Comment