"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

Monday, March 4, 2013

Let the Chaos Begin: Part 2!

So the last time I posted I was 9 weeks pregnant.  I had just posted about how my life was about to get chaotic planning and prepping for a new baby, and then the REAL chaos hit!  

First, morning sickness hit.  It was more like all day sickness and didn't really let up much for about a month or so. I had never experienced nausea like this before in my life, not even with my first 2 pregnancies.  It would worsen the minute I would do anything that involved movement.  It was tough trying to get just the most basic task done let alone anything extra when it came to planning/prepping.  I got some great advice from some awesome homeschool moms about how to continue homeschool with nausea and eventually learned how to manage it and pace myself.  My husband has been such an understanding, man throughout this and has helped as much as he possible could.

One thing we had planned to do was to get both Sassy and Peanut moved into the same room well in advance so they were used to it.  We didn't want to make a huge change in their life (sharing a room) on top of another big change (a new baby).  SO we went out and got the kids "big kid" beds and moved them in together.  So far it's gone pretty good and they are adjusting well.
Sassy's new bed
Peanut's new bed
Then, I got the flu.  Yup, the flu.  It lasted over a week and I spend that entire week in bed.  My husband had to take the entire week off of work to take the kids and I spent a week in bed trying to keep my body temperature at a safe level for the pregnancy.  I'll be honest, I was a bit scared that it could effect the pregnancy but took comfort in knowing it was all in God's plan and we were in His hands.  I slowly recovered and started to try to get things done around the house.
 Then we had a snow storm (Nemo).  I spent alot of time prepping food in case we lost power.  I wanted to make sure we had plenty of snacks for the kids.  It lasted about 36 hours and then took a good amount of time to clean up.  
Working on clearing the snow.

 The wind continued after the snow had stopped and it was tough for the kids because they wanted SO badly to go out in the snow.  That weekend we were able to get some time to take the kids sledding at Nana and Papa's house.

During all of this craziness my husband was working on a BIG project at church.  We had the opportunity to have Trevor Morgan play at our church, and so we were having our very first worship concert.  My husband was the event coordinator so he was pretty busy getting everything done.  I am so proud of how the church rallied together to volunteer for every needed job, and that night was absolutely perfect!  All I can say is, what an awesome night!
Trevor Morgan!!
The the following night we had tickets to a Third Day concert.  I was exhausted from the concert the night before, and Sassy had been up all night with a fever.  I was able to get some rest and get to the concert.  We had such a great time with all our close friends.

Third Day concert
This morning I awoke feeling amazing and Sassy's fever is gone.  Unfortunately, Peanut now has a fever and is a sad little man.  I spent the day getting alot done around the house (finally!) and taking care of my little sick monkey, and entertaining my little Sassy princess.
Sad sick little Peanut
Despite being sick he's a tough little trooper.  I don't think we'll be making it to his therapy tomorrow, but my fingers are crossed and prayers are said.  I have my 15 week midwife appointment tomorrow morning, which I'm really excited for.  Now that I'm more functional, I'm hoping to be able to post more often.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment