"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Let the chaos begin!

I'm not happy unless I'm busy.  I have no idea what I'm going to do when my children are all grown up and move out on to their own.  What I do know is that I'm definitely happy because we are busy!  



photo credit: kevin dooley via photopin cc 


Christmas was great but, as usual, chaotic.  We stressed until the last minute and then everything went great.  We had planned to have people over for New Years Eve as we always do, but then Sassy came down with the stomach bug that has been going around and we stayed home to try to prevent our friends and family from catching it.  Thankfully Sassy was the only one who got sick and it only lasted about 36 hours.  I think this was a little blessing.  My husband and I were exhausted and were able to get some much needed rest.

New Years Day we went out with the kids to look for beds.  Peanut has out grown his toddler bed (his crib with the front removed) and he is in need of a new bed.  We live in a 3 bedroom home and the newest addition to our family needs a room to sleep in, so Sassy and Peanut are going to need to become room mates.  Sassy has the bigger room, so Peanut is moving in to her room.  We decided it wouldn't be fair for Peanut to get a new bed and not Sassy, so we got her one too.  We actually found a bunk bed set.  We then ran down the street and ordered their mattresses (we decided on a Naturepedic, it is definitely more expensive, but also ALOT healthier a choice and in our opinion worth the investment).  We are going to use the beds separate  not as bunks at least for now.  We didn't feel it was safe for either of our kids to be sleeping up so high.  I am now trying to come up with ways to save space and make this all work.  I'll share pictures as soon as the room is finished.  I'm glad they are moving in to the same room now.  I think one big life change at a time is good.  By the time the baby comes, sharing a room will feel like the norm for them.

My best friend had her twins (yippie!)

We started back to school this week.  The kids were excited to get started back up (they love school!).  I finished roughly planning out our schedule up to the summer and it looks like (with plenty of breaks) we will finish Kindergarten by the end of May!  I'm already starting to research and plan for first grade.  I'll have to have that all done in advance because I am due around the end of August or beginning of September.   This is the first year I have to file  our intentions to homeschool with the state so I want to make sure I have everything in order a head of time.  We may start 1st grade late next year.

We finally had our old unused oil tank removed from our basement last week and we plan to do some mini renovations downstairs so I get a nice little laundry room complete with laundry sink (score!), as well as extra storage.

And I thought we would relax a little after Christmas!




1 comment:

  1. Im finding being a homeowner, a mother of 4, my kids in school and sports its NEVER not chaotic. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete