"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Favorites Friday: Homemade Deodorant

For a while now I have been wanting to include a regular post or 2 into our blog every week to share things we have found and loved so here we go!  Welcome to our first ever "Favorites Friday"!

This week my "favorite" I would like to share is a recipe for deodorant I found online this past summer.  Since having my 2 children I have been a little "rough" on my deodorant (in other words, most o them don't work).  I had been reading about all of the awful things in deodorant (a good summary of this is HERE).  I had tried some of the deodorants that don't contain many of the most harmful ingredients and none of them worked.  I don't really care if I sweat, I just didn't want to smell!

Then I came across an awesome recipe for homemade deodorant on Homestead Revival.  You can find the recipe HERE.  I used this recipe all summer.  Yes, you still sweat (it's not an antiperspirant), but that's okay, your SUPPOSED to sweat.  The important thing was that I didn't smell!  I used tea tree oil and vanilla(as a scent) during the summer.  Now that it is fall, almost winter I made a batch of plain.  The recipe lasted me about 7 months and in the long run is not only MUCH healthier to use but is also a lot less expensive.



So there it is! My first ever favorite Friday!  Do you make your own deodorant?  What's your favorite recipe?


Join Me at The Homeschool Post!
Click here to vote


Don't forget about the HSBA Homeschool Blog Awards!  Voting ends November 16th!






God Bless!


MommyProvost

No comments:

Post a Comment