"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Reality

Like many other families out there, we are struggling to make our way from Christmas vacation back to reality. As usual I piled a bit too much onto my plate.  To make matters worse I was sick for an entire week and lost a weeks worth of productivity.  I feel guilty that two Christmas packages still have yet to be sent.  I learned a lot about homeschooling and myself over the Christmas and New Years season.  One of those things I have learned is to schedule myself some down time and remember that I am NOT Wonder Woman no matter how badly I want to be.

Peanut has done pretty well adjusting to the unpredictable schedule, but Sassy is still having problems adjusting.  Yesterday was our first day back to "school".  We spent the entire day at home playing and learning.  I thought she would have a better day, which she did.  The problem was night time.  She had a hard time during supper, and some sensory issues during bath time.  She needed a long hug before getting into her PJ's and again before getting into bed.  The nice thing is that she's allowing me to comfort her.

This is also her last week of early intervention.  This means this is her last week with "Miss Cool" her ABA therapist.  I wish we could afford to keep Miss Cool.  She's a great ABA therapist and great with the kids.  She has promised to still come over for play dates with her son.  I hope that happens.  The last few sessions Sassy has ignored Miss Cool.  I wonder if it's because she knows she is leaving.

I'm not one for New Years resolutions.  People (including me) usually don't stick to them.  What I DO want from 2012 is a closer relationship with God.  I know that is completely up to me.  I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Ours was wonderful, but it's nice to be back to our regular lives.

"but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 4:14 NIV

God Bless!
Mommy Provost

No comments:

Post a Comment