"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yummy GFCFSF muffins!

It's funny how snowstorms inspire me to cook.  Tonight, I decide it was time for some muffins.  My only dilemma is that both my kids are now low sugar.  I'm always game for a new challenge, and tonight I actually had some success!!  The kids loved these muffins, and I wasn't worried about letting them eat them either.  It's nice when a treat is also healthy!  I didn't have any blueberries in our freezer so I used Raspberries.  You could use any fruit you want though. These muffins come out incredibly moist! So here is my recipe for our Yummy GFCFSF Low sugar, egg free muffins:


2 cups GFCFSF baking mix (I use Arrowhead Mills because it's 73% organic)
2 tsp Stevia extract (natural sweetener)
1 cup organic coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixes with 3 tbsp hot water (egg substitute)
1 tsp organic vanilla
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup fruit (fresh or frozen)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  In a bowl mix the baking mix and Stevia.  Then combine the dry ingredients with the coconut milk, flaxseed mix, vanilla, and oil.  Fold in fruit.  Spoon mixture into a muffin tin and cook for 20 minutes or until muffins are cooked and knife come out clean.
Hope you enjoy!!
Mommy Provost

1 comment: