"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Presidents day homeschool activities

Today was Presidents Day for preschoolers in our home school!  This morning after we did our RRSP PowerPoint (Intro to the letter "i", the color red, the number 4, and a rectangle.) Our memory verse is  Philippians 4:13 ("I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.").  We talked about being strong and we went through the Armor of God power point from 1+1+1=1.  Next we made flags together using crayons and construction paper and taped our flags to staws (I got the idea from the Good Night Show).

Here are my angels showing off their flags.
After Sassy had her nap and Peanut went to his Sensory Integration Therapy, we sat at the table together and learned about what a president is, and who our first president was, George Washington.  I read them a simplified version of the George Washington and the Cherry Tree.  We then made cherry trees using a printable from First School ws.  Here are my Angels working on their cherry trees.  We took a red dauber and made cherries on the trees and then they used markers to color in the rest of their picture.




All in all it was a great Presidents day full of learning and fun.  I hope everyone had a Monday as blessed as we did!

Mommy Provost

PS: I realize I haven't posted about our home school in a while.  To be honest it's because of my lack of computer skills.  I've been taking pictures but don't know how to get them from the camera to the computer!  I know that sounds funny but my husband saves our pictures on our home server (yes...we have our own server) and so if I take them off of the camera the wrong way then he can't do that.  Needless to say, I finally have gotten a little bit of my busy husbands time to get a short lesson (Thanks honey!)  Coming soon....our home school catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment