"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Baby Update!!

I'm happy to announce that we are having a boy!  We have decided to to things differently than we did with the first 2 children we had.  One of which is to have only one ultrasound.  Naturally (because I'm not a fan of surprises) we made sure to also find out if the baby was a boy or girl.  I thought for sure it was a girl, my husband thought for sure it was a boy.  I was right with Peanut and Sassy so I was bound to be wrong at least once!  Everyone has a 50/50 chance at being right or wrong I guess.  The ultrasound showed he it on target for weight and everything looked healthy (which obviously made me very happy to hear).  

Peanut is VERY excited to have a baby brother on the way.  Sassy, although happy to have another sibling was a bit disappointed to find out she was not going to get a baby sister.  She has already put in her request for a baby sister the next time around.  I told she would have to wait to see if God chooses to give us another miracle, and even then, it's no guarantee we would have a girl.  

We name all of our children after admirable people in the Bible and so this little munchkin is no different.  Of course, we keep the kids real names under wraps online so I can't really tell you his name.  For the blog, I'm thinking "Munchkin" is a good name for him here.  I can tell you his name means "dove" so I'm hoping for a peaceful baby.

No one has come out and asked me yet, but I'll put it out there for those of you who are wondering.  Am I a little nervous having another boy (because we have 2 children who are diagnosed with Autism and the rate of Autism is higher in males than females)?  Honestly...no.  My husband and I had many talks about the possibility of having another child.  After much discussion we decided to throw caution to the wind and if it were meant to happen it would.  In the mean time I made sure to start eating healthier and eliminated as much environmental toxin exposure as possible.  I researched a bit and planned in the event that I did get pregnant, and we patiently waited.  This baby finally came after many months (about 6 or so) of prayer.  I have faith that what ever God intends to happen, will happen.  Its in God's hands and for me, letting God have control of your life is the best choice to make.  I have faith that our little Munchkin will be a happy and healthy child of God.

Introducing our little Munchkin!!!

" We live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment