"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

He'll fix it

I've been struggling for a while now, trying to figure out what my first post back should be about.  We've had so many things occur in the past few months that I wasn't sure where to start.  After much thought I've decided to start with this:

A few weeks ago I had one of those unforgettable bio medical "Ah Ha!" moments while looking for research in Pub Med.  What I came across was not even remotely close to what I was looking for that particular day, but was something that, for me put some more of the puzzle pieces together.  The article linked myelin issues to children with Autism (that's another whole BIG post entirely...I'll share all that later).  I previously had been looking for this connection when we were told Peanut had an unexplained myelin delay after he had his brain MRI about 2 years earlier.  The article sent me out of my seat, calling anyone who I knew would listen and understand.  My mind was reeling, the gears were turning.  Not only had this been the information I was looking for but it also was the last confirming piece of information I needed for myself to know that the current direction we were going with Peanut was the correct one.  This sent me running out the our local supplement store to purchase the supplements we were carefully considering.  It was time to start!

As with most things I try, I also pray.  It usually sounds like, "Please God let this work.  Please Lord let this help!"  Pretty basic and straight forward, but I know God knows the depth of feeling my pleads hold.  He feels what I feel and He knows my heart.  That day was Peanuts first dose of the new supplement and I was very anxious hoping and praying for results.

Every night before I go to bed, my husband and I go into each of our children's rooms to check on them while they sleep.  This is the little piece of mind I need to get to sleep.  On this particular night, my husband had already gone to bed and so I was on my own checking on my precious angels as they slept.  Sassy was sound asleep and peaceful (which is a nice predictor of my night.  If she's restless, I know I'll be up at some point calming her down and soothing her back to sleep).  I entered Peanuts room and decided it was time to pray a little more.  I tend to do this often with my kids.  I'll lay a hand on them and pray for them before leaving the room.  Sometimes it's a quick prayer, other times its a long emotional prayer.

I sat next to Peanuts bed and lightly placed my had on his head.  He stayed asleep, never even moving a muscle.  I began to silently pray.  I was a few minutes into prayer, and in my head I began to ask God to heal his little brain.  "Please Lord, please, heal his brain.  Heal him Lord, heal him."  As I was praying I was watching my little angel.  He looked so peaceful and serene.  Again I prayed, "Please Lord, please, heal his brain.  Heal him Lord, heal him." and then the unexpected happened...

"Don't worry mom, He'll fix it." Said my little angel, with his eyes closed still fast asleep.

A sob escaped my mouth and I left the room.  I went into my bedroom and began to cry, thanking God for these words.  It was then I knew that we would conquer this giant with the help of the Lord.  With Him all things are possible, and with Him we will defeat this giant.

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

1 comment:

  1. Read this earlier but couldn't comment on my phone. I am so happy for you! It's a great post filled with hope and encouragement. God really does answer our prayers.

    ReplyDelete