"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What a crazy weekend!

I keep telling myself I'm going to get organized and then something comes up...

 This past weekend was Sassy's 2nd birthday party's (we have a child's party and then a family party).  Everything went very well, until Peanut came down with yet another fever.  It came out of nowhere.  He got as high as 103.6.  Our Naturopath advised us to avoid OTC medication to treat fevers unless we really feel it's necessary.  When they are close to 104 we feel it's necessary.  He is still around 99.8 but doing ok.  The poor kid is always sick and his fevers tend to be related to his Bowell's.  I can almost guarantee if he's had loose stools for more than a couple days that a high fever is close behind it. 

We have a rule in our home.  Once you turn 2 you give up your pacifier.  This was pretty easy for Peanut, but no so much for Sassy.  Friday was her birthday and so when we went in to get her that morning we traded a Ladybug pillow pet (her choice) for her pacifier.  We then search the house and throw out any pacifiers we can find.  That night she woke up with a fever and complained of "boo boos" (pointing to her ears).  She had an ear infection in both ears, and now no pacifier.  She's been up every night since.

My poor sick bunnies...

So needless to say, it's been a crazy few days.  I plan to update more very soon. 
I'm hoping I'll be sharing:
* How we are doing in RRSP.  The kids love it! 
* How we organize our home school in combo with Peanuts therapy.
* A favorite recipe (GFCFSF).  (I'm hoping weekly)
* Our biomedical treatments and the results we've seen.
* How we made our Sensory room in our home.
* About our Church Nursery Ministry at our church. (One of my many projects)

Sorry for the delays!  I'll be back as soon as I can sleep, get organized and get my kids healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment