"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Winter Unit "Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

I have to say, being able to stay home and do "normal" things is so wonderful for me...almost relaxing!  Its nice to feel like a normal stay-at-home mom for once and I'm enjoying every minute of it that's for sure!  My angels are just so cool to watch play.  I found myself giggling at the little toys I found tucked into pockets and bags while cleaning up tonight.  I would definitely have more children with a schedule like this!

This morning we began a Winter Unit using the guidance of "Raising Rock Stars" (see the button on my blog).  Our memory verse is Psalm 51:7.  I tend to recite them over and over using a rhythm and I clap with it.  It keeps them engaged and it seems to help me to remember it too.  By the end of the morning Peanut was reciting most of it on his own.  We printed off the mini book "Snowflakes are Special" from the 1+1+1=1 blog and had the kids color the pages and made our own book.  They were very proud of themselves (Especially Sassy)!  I asked the kids if they had any prayer requests (which I've never done due to their age) and was pleasantly surprised to get an answer from both of them!  Peanut said he wanted to pray for Jesus, and Sassy wanted to pray for Daddy!!  I had to try not to cry!  What a blessing!  We said our prayer and read form the Bible.  We also had a chance to listen to a Veggie Tales worship CD (which I caught Peanut singing along to!).  They also explored our new updated sensory bin.  The rest of the weeks activities are planned.  We are going to make a slushy with the (clean) snow (courtesy of our latest blizzard), go sledding at Nana's house, make a snowman, and various snow/winter related crafts.  I'm taking pictures and I'm hoping to post them soon.  All in all I would call it a successful homeschooling day!  I'm feeling very encouraged and I'm anxious to get more together!  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment