"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Vacation

Christmas was wonderful, and my little peanut and sassy did great!  This morning was exciting for us because Peanut actually didn't want to leave.  He wanted to stay and play with his new toys!  Most parents would find this annoying but we think its fantastic!  He's interacting with the world, and he's verbalizing to us what he wants!  I'm loving it!  Usually we are running around like crazy people, but not this week.  This week we are on vacation.  We usually have Peanut in an ABA based preschool (until Kindergarten to get as much free therapy as possible) 20 hours/week, home ABA 4 hours/week, Sensory Therapy once a week, and Music Therapy once a week.  Sensory Therapy and Music Therapy are not on for this week and the school is closed until after the new year.  All of Peanuts home ABA therapy is done through his school so they won't be doing that this week either!   What are we going to do?!?!  We can be like a "typical" family! 
We live in New England, and tonight is our first real snowfall (it just so happens that we are having a blizzard...welcome to New England!).  I think in the morning, for the first time, we are all going to bundle up and go play in the snow.  This could be a good thing, or a bad thing....I'm not sure, but willing to give it a shot!  I also want to start a new thing this week with my kids.  On the 1+1=1=1 Blog they have a great preschool idea to introduce God and the Bible to your preschooler.  I want to take the opportunity this week to give it a shot.  (http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com/RaisingRockStarsPreschool.html)  I LOVE the 1+1+1=1 blog.  Carissa has so many wonderful ideas and it's so helpful to get home school ideas from someone living a Godly life and knows what she's talking about when it comes to teaching children (she used to be a teacher).  I'll try to blog about what we did and how it goes.  I'm new to blogging and I am definitely not the greatest computer person.  I would love to create an awesome blog to share with other people.   If anyone has suggestions, ideas etc, please comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment