"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Tired moments

In our home we go through cycles when it comes to sleep. Peanut stopped having sleeping issues after we began to address his GI issues, although every once in a while he will wake up in the middle of the night and want to play instead of sleep. Sassy on the other hand is another story all together.
I have recently noticed her sleep issues go in cycles. She falls asleep very well, but it's staying asleep that is the issue. I'm afraid last night began another one of her cycles. Of course it's during the busiest week possible that I now not only have to operate without sleep, but also have to drag a tired 3 year old around to her brothers therapy appointments.
I know I'm not alone in the never ending sleep battle. It's not uncommon for children on the spectrum to have issues with sleep. I'm thankful to God that at least both children don't have the same issue.
Today had been a tough one. Sassy just spent the last hour following me around insisting I hold her. My heart breaks when I have to say no. Poor Peanut handles it well. He tries to ignore the crying, and tends to listen better which is nice, and he is quickly rewarded for his amazing behavior. Now she says her right ear hurts. I'll be honest the crying was wearing on me. I knew she was tired but I wondered if she was in pain too. I dropped some garlic oil in her ear which quieted her for a bit, but she quickly started back up.
I almost never medicate my children with traditional medications anymore, but today I gave in. On the way to Peanuts therapy I stopped and got her some dye free Motrin.
Is it bad I'm praying she was up last night because of an impending ear infection? At least I can work on healing that. I'm now enjoying the silence as she sleeps in the car in the parking lot of Peanuts therapy office. The OT was nice enough to come out and get him so I didn't have to wake Sassy.
Ahhhhh....silence. My rant is over, thanks for the ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment