"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Baby Update

I plan on doing Munchkin's birth story, but I figured I should do one final catch-up from my blog break seeing as the last time I was blogging I was pregnant.  

My pregnancy was healthy and went very well.  The first three months were filled with exhaustion and nausea, but once I got to the fourth month the nausea subsided and I was able to put my energy back into the kids and baby preparations.  

I had been working once a week as a RN and as soon as we found out I was pregnant, I started to put my paycheck into a savings account to get us used to living without my pay and to buy baby things.  I changed to per diem at work, and 6 months into the pregnancy was able to stop working to enjoy the pregnancy.  Since having the baby we have decided that it is more important for me to stay home full time with the kids.  I gave my notice and I am now officially a SAHM.

We had given away all of our baby things after the birth of Sassy, so we were starting from the bare minimum.  We still had Peanuts crib and mattress, bedding, and Sassy's changing table, but that was about it.  A close friend of ours threw me a baby shower and thanks to our very generous friends and family, combined with the money we saved, we were able to get everything we needed for Munchkin and more.
Here I am at 9 months.  I was SO ready to pop!
Munchkin was born 2 weeks late.  He was 9Ibs 3oz (One ounce less than Sassy's birth weight) and 21 1/2 inches long.  The birth was exactly what I had prayed and wished for.  My recovery was quick and the easiest so far.  He latched on immediately and nursed for almost an hour after birth and has been going strong ever since.
2 Days old
Munchkin's weight gain was fast.  At 4 months old he was 17 Ibs 14oz and now at 6 months old he is almost a whopping 21Ibs!  He is exclusively breastfed (no bottles at all).  We just started solids in the past week or so (at 6 1/2 months old- using a baby led feeding method- whole foods only, no grains).  He is my healthiest and most alert baby so far.  He is such a joy and a blessing to our lives!

Before

He is also a wild man!  I had to share this!

After
"Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him." Psalm 127:3



No comments:

Post a Comment