"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
Help make a difference in the lives of children in need. Now is the time to sponsor a child.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Phew!

It's been a crazy month to say the least!  The kids have been doing great.  Peanut has started Speech Therapy and Physical Therapy on a weekly basis, as well as continuing Occupational Therapy.

It's been a little while since I've written.  Sometimes I have so much on my plate, certain things have to be put on hold, and this time, it was the blog.

Our Home school: We have been primarily using a  computer program and workbooks for preschool work.  Both children are at a Kindergarten level at this point with the exception of their fine motor issues, so we have been working on drawing and writing to try to catch up with this.  I am in the process of putting together a Kindergarten program.  This has been our first year of full time homeschooling and I have never once regretted it.  I feel blessed that we can home school both children.  I enjoy all the time I have with them.

Our Classroom: We have family that have generously offered their time and expertise to help us to design and construct our home school room.  The kids haven't use the sensory room since before Thanksgiving, so we decided to utilize the space for homeschooling.  We are currently using our dining room, and it has quickly been overtaken and my dream has been to have a space just for the kids work.  We are busy cleaning things up down stairs so we can get started.  I'm so excited!

Operation Organization: Around Christmas time the organization slowed, but hasn't stopped.  I'm working on our basement and making my way up. (Gotta clean out the storage areas before you find things that need to be stored right?)

Let it snow! March first brought a snowstorm with enough snow to actually play in.  The kids had a great time playing in the snow and making a snowman.

Mommy/Daddy time: We had an awesome date night this month!  We went to a Casting Crowns concert, which was amazing!  It's nice to get out an be an adult every once and a while.
Casting Crowns 3/15/12
I also had an opportunity this month that I never thought I would have.  I had the opportunity to attend a conference to see Eustacia Cutler and Temple Grandin speak!  What an awesome experience!  (I promise I'll share what I learned as soon as I am able to!)
 Eustacia Cutler
Temple Grandin
Our little getaway:  My husband was honored to win an award at his job, recognizing all of his hard work.  The award includes an all expenses paid trip to California! (Thank-you GOD!!!!)  We were just joking that the only way he and I could travel together on a little vacation would be if someone paid for us to go! (Obvious answer to prayer?  I would say YES!)  So we are going on a trip, just me and my husband!!

The Resolution Revolution: Recently my husband and I, as well as a few others from our church have felt called to start  Resolution bible study groups within our church.  The Resolution is based off the movie Courageous.  (If you haven't seen the movie, I would highly recommend it!).   The mens group has 28 men attending.  We announced the womens study last Sunday and had 47 women sign up!  It has taken some work for sure, but we know that God equips the called and we have faith he will guide us through this whole process.   We are so excited.  The study's are life altering for sure!

After the snow: Who would have thought that the beginning of March would bring snowmen, and the end of March would bring sunny 85 degree weather.  The kids (and I) have had a ton of fun playing outside, soaking up as much of that Vitamin D as possible!
So that's what we have been up to in the past month or so!  I'm hoping to be back online soon to share more in the next week so stay tuned!


God Bless!
Mommy Provost

1 comment:

  1. Since you like Eustacia I wanted you to know that she is doing a webinar on April 12, 2012. Go to www.familiestogether.org for more information or register at http://www.broadcastontheinternet.net/cutler
    Proceeds go to support families through the Temple Grandin Eustacia Cutler Autism Fund.
    Please let everyone know so that Temple and Eustacia will get support for the work they are doing for families.

    ReplyDelete